Tell Us Your Ideas!

Tell Us Your Ideas!

We’re in the very early stages of planning a virtual event (probably a fundraiser with a concert) to happen during late January or February 2021. Our first meeting to begin dreaming and planning is scheduled for next Monday night on Zoom — Monday, August 17th at 7:30...
Family Update from the Jamieson “Cocoon”

Family Update from the Jamieson “Cocoon”

In a general sense, our family is doing quite well. We have been learning to cooperatively “cocoon” during the COVID-19 crisis. That means we’re trying to be attentive to our own personal needs, sensitive and respectful toward each other’s...
Christmas Cookies & Caregiver Connectedness

Christmas Cookies & Caregiver Connectedness

I made two batches of Christmas cookies yesterday and found myself reminiscing over how the process makes me feel connected to loved ones of Christmases past. For example, I remembered the special way my grandma stored her cookies. She kept them in tins on the floor...
Life-Building Connections Amidst Challenges

Life-Building Connections Amidst Challenges

Life challenges can take many forms — disability, chronic illness, caregiving for an aging parent or special needs child, strained or broken relationships, divorce, addiction, depression, unemployment, the loss of a loved one, and financial struggles. Issues can be...
COMMUNITY: God Works through Intersections

COMMUNITY: God Works through Intersections

Many of us walk through life trying to look “put together” while internally craving connection with others in deeper and more meaningful ways. We thrive in relationships based on things like love, integrity, transparency, commitment, respectful challenge and grace....
FRIENDSHIP: The Foundation for Discipleship

FRIENDSHIP: The Foundation for Discipleship

Friendship is one of life’s greatest gifts. Having a trusted and encouraging friend to confide in during a time of crisis is particularly valuable. Yet for some people in the midst of challenges, the sense of loneliness and isolation can feel more overwhelming than...