Jammin’ Pie Fest welcomes volunteers of all abilities.
The annual Jammin’ Pie Fest (early October) requires more than 50 volunteers. Some serve for an hour or two and others contribute significantly more time during the weeks of planning, preparation and event follow up. There are opportunities for everyone.
Most volunteer opportunities at Jammin’ Pie Fest are suitable for the typical teen or adult. A few needs require a high level of skill and/or experience. In many cases where skills are limited or assistance is needed, tasks can be modified to allow meaningful participation. With that in mind, we try to work with people of all abilities in identifying opportunities that fit a person’s unique interests and skills. Occasionally, a volunteer needs a partner to provide support or supervision. We welcome our volunteers to serve as a team and simply ask that you provide your own buddy.
We also welcome students looking for community service hours (e.g., National Honor Society, church youth groups) as well as families, small groups and others looking for community service projects.
Please review the opportunities described below and let us know how you would like to come alongside the Jammin’ Pie Fest team to create another wonderful celebration of life, encouragement and inclusive community!
JAMMIN’ PIE FEST VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Various projects and tasks involve volunteers in the weeks prior to the event, on event day and in the 2-3 weeks following the event. Opportunities range from preparing bulk mailings and collecting donations in the summer months to greeting guests and serving pie in October. Specific areas of need include but are not limited to those listed below.
Time Commitment: Blocks of 1-3 hours| Seasonal (August-October)| Specific TimesTBD
- Labeling and sorting bulk mailings
- Take inventory of supplies and make shopping list
- Solicit donations
- Shop for supplies
- Prepare pie contest tasting and voting packets
- Assemble guest “welcome” bags
- Prepare auction baskets, door prizes/giveaways, baker prizes
- Plan and implement stage décor
- Complete yard work (September)
- Set up
- Tear down
- Provide ASL (sign language) interpretation
- Host a table (e.g., guest check-in, pie registration, merchandise “shop,” beverage station)
- Serve pie
- Greet guests
- Support any first-aid needs
- Update mailing lists (post event)
- Write “thank you” notes (post event)
- Deliver “thank you” packages to donors (post event)
As event day draws closer, the volunteer registration process will be available on Sign-Up Genius. In the meantime, if you have questions about serving as a Jammin’ Pie Fest volunteer, please use the contact form below.
Thank you for your interest!